Friday, March 18, 2011

We have the sweetest baby. No, really, she is. She's not snuggly or cuddly unless she's exhausted but she is just...sweet. I love how excited she is to see us, even if we've just come downstairs from getting something in the bedroom. She *has* to wave goodbye out the window when one of us leaves. And today I was going outside for something quick but I put on my coat and she gave this soft little, 'byebye', like she wasn't happy I was leaving again but she wanted to tell me goodbye anyway. Just sweet.

I still check on her every night and yes, there are times that it's not a scene out of Terms of Endearment only by the grace of God. I have to make sure she's breathing and if I have to touch her to do it...well, like I said, grace of God.
She's a funny kid though. Only baby I've ever seen who ASKS to have her nose sucked out. Even now, though she's not sick, it's a nightly, sometimes multiple request: "Suckanose?" And she'll get onery if it's not met.

Even though I'm so excited about this new little one coming, I'm starting to get a little sad for when it's not all Elianna, all the time. I'm going to miss having her be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment