This was going to be a musing post about loving being a mom to a 1 and 3 year old...that is until Elianna hauled off and smacked me in the face. For no reason. Three year olds are a challenge; at least ours is. She's smart and she knows it and she tries to get her way in all things whether it's negotiation or just outright defiance. Discipline gets hard when she doesn't care about time out and you've already taken away everything you can think of. She's spending a lot of time in her room lately while we feel like crappy parents who don't know how to outsmart a 3 year old. Ah me, this too shall pass I'm sure.
Marielle is her own challenge. She's quite the mama's girl which is very refreshing after Elianna's independence but along with her need for snuggles (which are very nice, I can't lie), she's got a stubborn streak and a voice! Trying to get things accomplished can be hard while she's hanging on my leg saying, "up, Up, UP!!!!" in increasing volume and tone.
That being said, I do love being their mom. There are times while Elianna is working her wiles that I just stare at her and marvel at her logic that is surprisingly, well, logical. And she gets in some snuggles that she didn't used to want and having that head nestled on my shoulder brings this rush of feeling that can't compare to anything.
Marielle changes almost daily. She used to do this awesome shooting down the stairs on her belly like a Jamaican bobsledder that we never got on video because it only lasted about a week. She says, "Anna" clear as day now and other words are coming. And having this little girl want to cuddle me makes me feel like maybe I'm doing okay as a mom.
So, this post started out irritated but is ending, like most days, feeling like I'm the luckiest mom alive because I have 2 absolutely wonderful, smart, funny, beautiful girls.


No comments:
Post a Comment