Had to the be title of this post, if only because the picture screamed it. I should get used to this expression because I'm sure it will live on her face when she's a teenager.
So it's all just happening too, too fast. She does something new every. single. day. and it all shows how smart she is. I had a friend and her 9 month old daughter over yesterday, was talking about what signs Elianna did and didn't know and as I was saying them she was doing them. All of them. Even the ones I said she didn't do or know. Maybe it's not showing how smart she is but more that she's been paying attention. Remember last post (a week ago) when she had to crawl over to a wall to stand up? No longer, she stands up on her own. Still a bit tippy but getting more and more stable as the days...no, hours go by.
So this is supposed to be slightly food related as well so I'll talk about what we had for dinner. Now Mike and I are hardly vegetarian; we will eff up a steak in good fashion like nobody's business. One of our favorite restaurants in Vegas is Cut and although their pretzel bread *is* to die for we do actually go for the beef. That being said, we have been embracing our inner vegetarian and tonight's Ethiopian lentil stew was one of our forays. Red onions, red lentils, garlic, ginger all served over brown rice with cilantro and Greek yogurt....you're all jealous aren't you? It was really good though. The merlot we had with it was awfully decent as well.
Okay, who am I kidding, you all just want more Elianna, right? Now that she's a year old there's a whole shelf of books I get to pack away until the next (theoretical) one. What to expect the first year, Baby 411...all those are no longer applicable. We've got ourselves a toddler We are also having quite the Martinez family reunion coming up and we can't wait to see you all. Hasta next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment