Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sprechen sie deutsch?




Man, I've fallen down on the job updating here! Sorry to all who check this on the daily (Mom!), I will do better, I promise.
So we've had a massive language explosion here in Elianna-land. Only problem...it appears to be German.



She loves talking like this, does it daily more than once and is so pleased with herself when she does it. She is signing quite a bit as well and thank goodness because "DAH!" sounds quite a bit like, well, "DAH!" and only her signs let us know she's excited about the dog across the street and not the stars in the sky.

I may have made a major mistake though. I've been pretty against Elianna watching any TV at this stage, no Baby Einstein DVDs for her. Which, thank goodness they've set the record straight so I don't have to worry that I'm preventing her from becoming a genius by not watching them. *wipes brow* But I digress. I decided that a few minutes of 'Baby Signing Time' a day, done with me or Mike wouldn't be detrimental and, in fact, would help us on our journey to language. There's so much she wants to tell us and we just don't get it! Anyway, so we've started watching these DVDs and they are very informative, we've learned a ton of new signs and she's started using some of them too. She loves the DVD. LOVES them! It's a rare day when she doesn't wake up and the first sign she makes is asking for the DVDs. Nikki tells us she asks for it at least every hour and she's even thrown a mini tantrum when she doesn't get to watch. Yeah, I could have made a mistake there.

This little girl loves going outside (Ahdah, Ahdah!) and even if it's cold she usually doesn't complain. Yesterday, my hands were so cold they hurt and she got mad at me when we came inside! She also loves watching the boys across the street throw their football which they do everyday. Sometimes they wave at her and she gets really happy. It's pretty cute to see.

More updates to come, in a much sooner time frame. Hand to God. :)

Elianna with her 'crack' (water)

No comments:

Post a Comment