Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Can't believe it's already 2011, 2010 just flew by! The beginning of the new year is the time for resolutions so I've got a couple: 1) keep this updated in a more regular fashion. I'll shoot for every week but that might mean not every post has pictures. She is so interested by the camera it's become near impossible to get pictures of her. Oppi got her a toy camera but she definitely knows the difference and wants to do the 'real' thing.
Here's an example of what happens when I don't let her behind the camera.


Oy vey.

Second, I want to learn my camera much better so I can start taking it out of auto mode. It takes dang good pictures but if I know it better, maybe I can sneak up on her and get some, heck, ANY shots.

Right now, while Mommy plays on the computer, Elianna is flipping through an Athleta catalog. Just for fun, I asked her who one of the underwear models was: 'Mama!" That's my girl. *snicker*

Elianna and I made an impromptu trip to NM for the holidays and managed to surprise Nana despite Poppa's discomfort about deceving his wife. Such a good quality! I wish we could have captured it on video; we walked around the corner and the look went from confusion to absolute shock. Then came the tears, I'm assuming of happiness. :) We had a great trip, and Elianna proved that she is, indeed, a rockstar traveler

This year should be full of changes: we'll have lived one full year in Spokane and through one full winter. Hopefully we'll be in a house of our own with a little more room. Elianna will turn two (we're already working on her being able to say it) and maybe I'll be back to work or in school. Looks to be an exciting time...stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment