Okay, we all survived the trip to Nammy's with a subsequent leaving of the tyke while Mike and I went off to Vegas to party hard. Partying hard is all relative, you understand; I felt positively raucous for being out at 1030 with no real need to go to bed because there would be no 630 am wake up call from a little cutie. But yes we did leave Elianna with her Nammy and cousins who seem to be rather infatuated with their live doll. Zoe (Zisi) kept picking her up and swinging her around, legs a dangle which Elianna tolerated quite well. Mira (Mimi) yelled at Elianna for trying to go outside without an adult (no worries, we were right there) which was either a stunning display of protective instinct for her cousin or a feeling of, 'if I can't, neither can you!'
Elianna seemed to not be fazed by our absence which made me feel both relieved and a little mournful. My baby doesn't even notice I'm not there? What kind of crappy mom am I? When we got back, however, for the first day if I was out of sight, she would meltdown with frantic screaming until I came back into view. I wasn't happy she was so upset (what kind of trauma did I inflict on her by leaving??!!) but a teensy, teensy portion of me was glad that she had noticed and was worried. I know, crappy mom. Next day all was good and we've left her with Nikki since and she's been fine. She appears to have picked up a cold (4 plane rides, multiple toddlers, it would have been surprising if she *didn't*) but it's a small one and she seems to be riding it out okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment