Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More please!



Okay, I've got to start getting some of this stuff down. I know I promised I wouldn't make this a litany of Eliannaisms but some of them are just too cute so...
She has started saying 'Mmmm' when she eats something she likes. But it's not just 'mmm', it's: "mmmmMMMMMMMmmmm!" It starts out low, goes up an octave or two and then goes back down.

Bye-bye is now 'ba-bye-yah' and said for many things, including goodbye.
Mama and Dada are said very differently. 'Mama' comes out plaintive and questioning while 'Dada' is more like: DA-da!!!. The first syllable is very high and excited and the second is more calm.
She's almost running now and she does it all the time. She loves feeding her bear (cow, bear, doll, parents, whatever) and does it a ton. When she does it to Mike and I we have to pretend to eat and make yummy noises or she gets mad.

She figured the swimming thing out and will start actually learning how to swim in the next weeks. She finally likes being in the water and doesn't cry at all when we hand her to Jolene (swimming instructor). She still is a climber and has little to no regard as to whether she can get down or not; she knows someone will rescue her!

With all the snow we got over the last few weeks we tried to take her sledding. Major FAIL. She got dressed in all her cold weather paraphernalia, we went out, put her on the sled and she immediately started yelling, "all done, all done!" We got a few minutes out of her by carrying her around but that was it. I don't think I'd like being outside either if I couldn't move. It's warmed up a bit here (high 30's) so maybe we'll get outside more.

Sorry for the boring post, just wanted to get some of this stuff down. Love you!

Elianna yelling, "Anna!" as she sees the camera and makes a beeline for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment