Monday, August 29, 2011

And then there were 4...

It's been awhile and it's not like you all don't know already but we have a new addition to the family! Marielle Kathleen arrived August 5th and although it wasn't quite as big a bang as her sister's arrival, it was momentous nonetheless. We were told on Thursday that due to low fluid levels, we should induce delivery. We were skeptical of the necessity but after hearing the doctor throw around words like stillbirth, etc. we were convinced. I checked in on Friday at 730 and pitocin was started around 830. A mere 5 hours later, the divine Miss M made her appearance...loudly!


We moved to a new room and Elianna made her sister's acquaintance a few hours later:

note how much pinker Marielle got in the interim...I was a little concerned!

We are settling in nicely and Elianna seems to be adjusting reasonably well to her sister. She loves looking at her and kisses her head a lot. She's almost stepped on her head a couple times and likes to cover her face with blankets so we watch them carefully but it's all innocent.

Sleep, however, has become hit or miss which I was expecting. Marielle has her days and nights mixed up and I'm not really sure how to fix that. Also, Elianna has had 2 colds since bringing Marielle home and that always messes *her* sleep up so sometimes Miss M will be crashed out but I'm still up because Elianna is upset. This too, shall pass...or so I'm told. *yawn*

A couple more pics of my cuties!




That's it for now. We're doing well and hope to get some more posts and pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment