I was moderately tired after my night; I started Operation: Get Marielle to Sleep for More than Two hours at a Time at Night and it was a bit trying. I mentioned she's a screamer, right? It's bad enough during the day but at night, when you know she's not hungry, she just wants to play and is upset because you won't...then the screaming is rather upsetting. She made it through the night and so did I but I'm not looking forward to tonight when it gets harder. I know we went through this with Elianna and she's a super-duper, all star sleeper now so I have hope but the process is just so harrowing.
Spokane has been really, really mild this winter which is nice for me who is used to the sunny winters of the SW. I feel bad for Elianna though: she'd been talking about using her sled since August and thus far there hasn't been enough snow for her to use it. Yesterday, there was a bit of snow on the ground and we got dressed as fast as we could after breakfast so she could make tracks and by 930 it had all melted. Poor bug!
So, this post was written in pieces, some one day, the rest another. Another thing if I'm going to blog is I'm going to have to learn to type faster. I'm better than hunt and peck but I'd never get a job as an executive assistant.
Speaking of jobs, I'm starting one soon! I interviewed for a position in pediatric hem-onc (kid cancer) which is very similar to the job I took right out of nursing school. It's not my ideal job (ICU, preferably peds) but in Spokane, the job market has been very difficult for nurses so I'm happy to have anything. I didn't get the job I interviewed for but they liked me so much, they finagled a position for me that I think will be a better fit. It's part time, make my own schedule but I can work as much as I want. It'll be nice to get out of the house and meet people which I've been very bad about since we moved here.
Anyway, let's see if I took any pictures to keep the hordes at bay...

No comments:
Post a Comment