Her 1st birthday, that is. Craziness, I tell you!
Today was a rough day for some reason. Morning and early afternoon were all smiles and giggles. She woke up from her afternoon nap and she was a different baby. She didn't want to be put down, she'd cry and cry at the slightest frustration and it wasn't just crying. It was the hitching, sobbing, my heart is breaking and you don't care, crying. Poor baby! I ended up wearing her for awhile, just getting some things done (her dinner, packing up to go see Mike at work) and that seemed to help.
So, words she knows: cow, dog, flower, book, daddy, water, more. Words she'll sign to us: more, dog. Words she knows but acts like she doesn't: No, stop, mama.
Oh, swimming! Yesterday was just amazing. She hadn't passed her test the day before because she couldn't make the flip from being pushed off face down to a face up float. Everything else was easy breezy but the one she couldn't do is the most likely scenario for a pool/lake drowning so we're in it for one more week. But yesterday she did it! She was underwater, we could see her trying to flip one way and not get it...I was getting anxious because she'd been under a long time (3 seconds, heehee!) and all of a sudden she flipped the other way and got into her float!!!!! I was jumping up and down on the side of the pool screaming, 'Go Elianna!' Mike was laughing and clapping. It was so awesome to see her problem solve and get herself saved.
Of course, now I understand the whole soccer mom phenomenon but that's for another post.
I can't wait to see pics of the big event! Wish we could be there.
ReplyDelete