Elianna has a new Indian name (yes it's politically incorrect, I know) and it's Elianna Many Steps. Today she took at least 4 and maybe 5 steps before losing it and falling down and conking her head on a chair rung. Many tears ensued but it wasn't long before she was trying again and made it the same 4 or 5 steps. It's so funny to see this baby that is the size of a 5 month old doing 11 month old things. She's not going to be 11 months much longer; her birthday is around the corner which is just crazy.
Dinner last night was at Sante and was quite lovely. This place makes all their own charcuterie including most of the cheeses. They also make their pasta and their gnocchi was the lightest I've ever had and was to die for. My family will know what a big deal this is: the dish was in a mushroom sauce and I still ate every single bite. Them are some good gnocchi! Dinner was a parpardelle pasta with a beef bolognese sauce and dessert was a to die for bread pudding. Note to self, need a good recipe for this! Mike brought one of our favorite Pinot Noir wines, Kosta Browne. It's so good I almost hate sharing it; one glass just isn't enough. Sante is one of about 4 restaurants we've tried since coming to Spokane. It's not a foodie town by any means but it blows doors on the options we had in Flagstaff. I'm looking forward to trying new places.
No comments:
Post a Comment